Faith Leaders Church Initiative
The Beginning of the Pandemic and Creation of the Faith Leaders Initiative
- On April 27, 2020, a call was made regarding reopening houses of worship.
- On May 1, 2020, a conference call invitation was sent to pastors all over the city to discuss the Pandemic. Cynthia J. Finch, Gwen McKenzie, and Dr. Keith Gray led the discussion.
On May 1, 2020, Faith Leaders Church Initiative was born.
- Faith Leaders Tool Kit.
- Workbook To Re-Opening Your Church Building (Spring 2020).
- The Three Ps (Plan, Prepare, and Pray).
- The purpose of this, “WORKBOOK TO RE-OPENING A CHURCH BUILDING—A Faith-Based Approach,” is to help churches re-open with the three P’s in place: PLAN, PREPARE and PRAY. Through effective and efficient planning, a church can rebuild a level of trust with its members. Knowing that a “plan” is in place removes the unknown and can serve as guidance to the church membership in returning to church. This guide can also “prepare” a church to develop a step-by-step action plan that identifies all operational functions of the church. And lastly, the church has, as its foundation, the ability to “pray” through good and difficult times. This pandemic, COVID-19, has forced the church to leave its buildings and rely on faith to sustain and guide it through these difficult times. As churches re-open, this manuscript encourages its members to follow and consider the guidelines outlined in this workbook. These are considerations, not mandates. The churches should follow the guidance set out by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local authorities, including the health department.